395 Digging For Limestone Premium Matte Paper Poster
Pickup currently unavailable
The sky lightened as we drove down a dirt road through the Florida Everglades. The tall reeds hid our destination from view. Even after years of navigating job sites, I never know if I'm in the right spot.
My doubts vanished as we ran across two 395s belonging to Quality Enterprises, sitting quietly at the edge of a lake. As the operators opened the panels to explore the status of their machines, we patiently waited.
We shot the poop until the machines warmed up and started tracking away from us along the water's edge. As they did, the sun peeked above the horizon—a dream scenario for anyone with a camera.
Wasting no time, the operators swung over the water and plunged their skeleton buckets beneath the surface. The fishing had begun.
From the moment the bucket disappeared, they worked blind. I watched them feel their way around the bottom to locate where they'd left off. The stick and boom bounced around as the bucket contacted the large chunks of blasted limestone. American flags fixed to the side of the machines waved in the breeze.
After hopefully filling the bucket, they boomed up. Thanks to the skeleton design, water poured and splashed in all directions as the bucket broke the surface. The drainage continued as they swung 180 degrees to dump the spoils in piles beyond the water's grasp.
As one 395 swung back over the water for another go, I held the shutter button firm. Beautiful morning sun reflecting off the water paired with a monster machine. It doesn't get much better...
- The 200 gsm/ 80 lb paper weight makes it durable and long-lasting.
- We use FSC-certified paper or equivalent certifications depending on regional availability. It’s better for the people and the planet.
- Each poster is shipped in robust packaging, ensuring it arrives safe and secure.
- Paper sizes may vary slightly by region. For the US and Canada, the measurement is in inches, while for the rest of the world, it is in centimeters.
- It is printed and shipped on demand. No minimums are required.
Our heavier-weight, white, premium matte paper has a natural, smooth uncoated finish that feels luxurious to the touch.