988 Working In Hot Slag Premium Matte Paper Poster
Pickup currently unavailable
Steel-making revolutionized the world, yet no one thinks twice about it nowadays. While much steel production is now overseas, American mills still produce the vital material for cars, buildings, and even battleships.
But what does this have to do with the Dirt World?
Besides mining the materials, the process requires a long list of specialized equipment to handle the inputs, finished steel, and byproducts.
Specialized equipment = a big business opportunity, and BULK Equipment is there to serve at mills across the country. They not only supply whatever machines the mills require, but they keep them operating 24/7/365 too.
988 loaders have a significant “cool factor” on their own. But 988s built for hot work? They’re in a whole different league…
To prepare the 988 loaders for digging in 2,000+ degree molten slag, Bulk fits them with smooth tires wrapped in steel chains, ballistic glass, fire-suppression, steel-braided hoses, heat-resistant fluids, specialty lighting, and heavy-duty buckets.
On a cold January day, we walked around such a machine parked outside of the mill. I PRAYED we’d see it working, but the odds didn’t look good.
After waiting a while, the operator climbed into the machine, fired it up, and headed for the mill. Go time! We excitedly followed the machine into the mill and safely stood near the slag pit full of fresh slag. The chains of the loader made an ominous sound as it rolled closer to its prey.
As the combination of dust and steam swallowed the machine, I knew this was my shot.
- The 200 gsm/ 80 lb paper weight makes it durable and long-lasting.
- We use FSC-certified paper or equivalent certifications depending on regional availability. It’s better for the people and the planet.
- Each poster is shipped in robust packaging, ensuring it arrives safe and secure.
- Paper sizes may vary slightly by region. For the US and Canada, the measurement is in inches, while for the rest of the world, it is in centimeters.
- It is printed and shipped on demand. No minimums are required.
Our heavier-weight, white, premium matte paper has a natural, smooth uncoated finish that feels luxurious to the touch.