D8 Pushing In Saudi Arabia Premium Matte Paper Poster
Pickup currently unavailable
We’d spent the night in a small city in the northwestern corner of Saudi Arabia. Well before sunrise, we piled into the back of a SuperCab F-150.
If you’ve never spent time in the second row of a SuperCab, nothing about it is super.
We spent the next four cramped hours staring out the window of what looked to be a different world. The only interruption was our hosts telling us to wear our masks every time we passed a police checkpoint.
We crawled into a dusty fishing town on the Gulf of Aqaba. There at last? Nope. After a quick call and a hurried conversation in Arabic, we headed south on a small road lining the beautiful blue water.
I asked what the land was across the water. “Egypt.”
We FINALLY reached our destination—a fleet of D8 dozers pushing sand along the coast to build another portion of NEOM.
Even though it was midday and the lighting was horrendous, we got to work making the machines look as spectacular as possible. Fortunately, the surrounding mountains and massive cuts made it easy.
But the best part wasn’t this photo itself, but what followed. After I worked with the machine for fifteen minutes, it stopped. The door popped open, and the operator climbed out, waving frantically at me. Ah shit… What have I done?
I walked over and quickly concluded we didn’t speak the same language. No problem… Thanks to random hand-waving and Google Translate, we finally understood each other. He wanted a photo with his machine to share with his family back home. I was happy to oblige.
But you don’t want a photo of some guy proudly posing on his machine on your wall— you want a machine doing machine stuff.
- The 200 gsm/ 80 lb paper weight makes it durable and long-lasting.
- We use FSC-certified paper or equivalent certifications depending on regional availability. It’s better for the people and the planet.
- Each poster is shipped in robust packaging, ensuring it arrives safe and secure.
- Paper sizes may vary slightly by region. For the US and Canada, the measurement is in inches, while for the rest of the world, it is in centimeters.
- It is printed and shipped on demand. No minimums are required.
Our heavier-weight, white, premium matte paper has a natural, smooth uncoated finish that feels luxurious to the touch.