D8 Pushing In Saudi Arabia Canvas Print
Pickup currently unavailable
We’d spent the night in a small city in the northwestern corner of Saudi Arabia. Well before sunrise, we piled into the back of a SuperCab F-150.
If you’ve never spent time in the second row of a SuperCab, nothing about it is super.
We spent the next four cramped hours staring out the window of what looked to be a different world. The only interruption was our hosts telling us to wear our masks every time we passed a police checkpoint.
We crawled into a dusty fishing town on the Gulf of Aqaba. There at last? Nope. After a quick call and a hurried conversation in Arabic, we headed south on a small road lining the beautiful blue water.
I asked what the land was across the water. “Egypt.”
We FINALLY reached our destination—a fleet of D8 dozers pushing sand along the coast to build another portion of NEOM.
Even though it was midday and the lighting was horrendous, we got to work making the machines look as spectacular as possible. Fortunately, the surrounding mountains and massive cuts made it easy.
But the best part wasn’t this photo itself, but what followed. After I worked with the machine for fifteen minutes, it stopped. The door popped open, and the operator climbed out, waving frantically at me. Ah shit… What have I done?
I walked over and quickly concluded we didn’t speak the same language. No problem… Thanks to random hand-waving and Google Translate, we finally understood each other. He wanted a photo with his machine to share with his family back home. I was happy to oblige.
But you don’t want a photo of some guy proudly posing on his machine on your wall— you want a machine doing machine stuff.
- Responsibly sourced, FSC-certified wood for long-lasting, high-quality stretcher bars
- Available in thick (approx. 4cm/1.6") option, with hanging hardware included
- Durable coated fabric canvas (300-350gsm/110-130lb cover, 350-400 microns thick)
- Hanging kit included, may vary by country
- Protective packaging and strong boxes for secure shipping
- Sizes in inches for US/Canada, centimeters for the rest of the world
- Printed and shipped on demand, with no minimums required
Discover timeless beauty with our canvas print, featuring enhanced texture for a truly immersive art experience.
Please note: Colored edges are not supported.