Another Load of Copper Ore Canvas Print
Pickup currently unavailable
Copper mines are magnificent. Due to how the ore deposits form, miners must carve enormous pits to extract the precious metal.
If you’ve visited Butte, Montana, you’ve seen this pit belonging to Montana Resources. Starting in the late 1800s, miners chased the deposit, known as the “richest hill on earth,” via hundreds of miles of shafts and tunnels.
But as the price of copper rose and mining methodology improved, the operation transitioned to an open pit.
It had rained the few days prior, making the bottom of the pit a muddy mess. To give the crew a chance to tidy up, we started with the shovel working at the highest point of the mine to remove waste.
At shift change, we watched one operator walk down the steps of the enormous Bucyrus 495 and another make the multi-story climb to the cab. Once in position, the machine lifted its giant dipper through the blasted earth and swung to an awaiting 793, a 250-ton truck.
As the sun finally peaked over the mountains and lit the bottom of the pit, we radioed to the crew working hundreds of feet below us to see if the thirty-minute trip was worthwhile. They said come on down!
We parked on the outskirts of the floor, now at the lowest point of the mine, and watched the other Bucyrus 495 load incoming trucks with ore. I wanted to be closer, but the heavy mud crushed my dreams.
When in doubt, throw up the drone. I flew high above the mine, trying to find a way to portray the scale. I couldn’t figure it out until I saw another 793 starting its climb out of the pit.
The hundreds of feet of Montana granite high walls dwarfed what’s usually an enormous-looking truck. Nice!
- Responsibly sourced, FSC-certified wood for long-lasting, high-quality stretcher bars
- Available in thick (approx. 4cm/1.6") option, with hanging hardware included
- Durable coated fabric canvas (300-350gsm/110-130lb cover, 350-400 microns thick)
- Hanging kit included, may vary by country
- Protective packaging and strong boxes for secure shipping
- Sizes in inches for US/Canada, centimeters for the rest of the world
- Printed and shipped on demand, with no minimums required
Discover timeless beauty with our canvas print, featuring enhanced texture for a truly immersive art experience.
Please note: Colored edges are not supported.