No Emissions Necessary Premium Matte Paper Poster
Pickup currently unavailable
When it comes to earthmoving on Colorado's Front Range, scrapers are king.
As people from the West Coast have flocked to Denver, developers have eagerly converted farmland to subdivisions, but only after moving MASSIVE quantities of dirt.
Isn't the land flat? Why so much earthmoving?
Well, the Colorado clay makes the soil extremely expansive, which is bad news for permanent structures.
The workaround is to excavate 20-30' below future homes and return everything to the original grade. As they do, they mix water into the soil, expanding it to prevent future issues.
Only a few companies dominate the market, with Bemas being one. Started by Larry Ames in the 90s, they're scraper dirt specialists.
We drove to the Google Maps pin and turned into what I thought was the site entrance. I became giddy like a small child as I saw the scrapers moving on the horizon. But my excitement quickly faded as mud bogged our worthless rental car.
Fortunately, another contractor was working with a telehandler nearby, and they facilitated a swift rescue.
Once we finally reached the spot without mentioning our mishap, we walked into the cut to enjoy the show.
Bemas loves older scrapers, which don't have emissions systems (AKA issues). Most of their machines groan and bellow smoke, but one machine caught my eye in particular.
I waited for just the right moment when the operator stomped on the accelerator, creating a plume as black as night. Take that EPA…
- The 200 gsm/ 80 lb paper weight makes it durable and long-lasting.
- We use FSC-certified paper or equivalent certifications depending on regional availability. It’s better for the people and the planet.
- Each poster is shipped in robust packaging, ensuring it arrives safe and secure.
- Paper sizes may vary slightly by region. For the US and Canada, the measurement is in inches, while for the rest of the world, it is in centimeters.
- It is printed and shipped on demand. No minimums are required.
Our heavier-weight, white, premium matte paper has a natural, smooth uncoated finish that feels luxurious to the touch.